About Jamia Millia Islamia
Jamia Millia Islamia was established in the year 1920 and was one of the few educational institutions which came into being in response to the nationalist call of freedom struggle to boycott educational institutions supported or run by the British Colonial Rule. The mentors, teachers and students played a vital role during the Indian struggle for independence. Jamia Millia Islamia became a Central University in the year 1988 by an Act of Parliament.
About the Journal
The JMI Student Law Review is a student edited, peer reviewed law Journal which is a
scholarly publication of the Research Committee, Faculty of Law, Jamia Millia Islamia University to provide the students with an opportunity to explore the arena of legal research and writing, and seeks to instill in them, the ability to critique. Best known for its ability to inculcate academic discipline and the rigor for attaining legal erudition,the Research Committee, F/o Law aims to render top quality publications.
Theme: Human Rights and its allied issues
- The research paper must be submitted in British English only.
- All the submissions must be accompanied by an abstract of not more than 300-350 words which must be in the first page of the manuscript.
- The submissions for the Journal must not be published elsewhere. The contribution
presented to and accepted for publication and the copyright therein shall be the intellectual property of Jamia Millia Islamia Student Law Review.
- The paper should not be plagiarized, and free from grammatical, spelling and other errors.
- Co-authorship is allowed subject to a maximum of two members. However, co-authorship is notallowed in the category of Case Commentaries and Other Submissions. Please note that only one submission per author or a team of co-authors is permissible. In case of more than one submission, only the one received first would be considered for review.
- The research paper must be in Font Size 12 in Times New Roman with 1.5 Line Spacing and justified. Furthermore, the margins should be 1” from all sides.
- The footnotes must uniformly conform to Harvard Bluebook 20th Edition and must be
typed in Font Size 10 in Times New Roman with 1 Line Spacing. End notes or speaking
notes are discouraged.
- The title should be bold, underlined, in capitals, Size 12 and center aligned, while
headings should be bold, in capitals, size 12, and left aligned.
Categories of Submission
WORD LIMIT MENTIONED BELOW WOULD BE CONSIDERED EXCLUSIVE OF FOOTNOTES.
- Articles (6000-8000 words): The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth
analysis of a contemporary issue. It must study the status quo, indicate the lacunae
therein, and suggest potential solutions.
- Short Articles (3000-4000 words): Short Articles are more concise than articles, in
terms of scope and conceptualization. The article must deal with a specific issue and must contain arguments for or/and against the existing setup.
- Case Commentaries (1500-2500 words): A comment critiques a recent judgement,
landmark case vis-à-vis Human Rights and it’s allied issues.
- Other Submissions (1500-2000 words): These reviews must be on account of either a
recently published book or analysis of existing legislation or proposed bills and their
The submission deadline is December 30, 2018.
- All the submission must be sent at email@example.com with the subject line “Research
Paper Submission- Vol 1, Issue 1”.
- All the submissions must be in MS Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- No biographical information of the author(s) should be included in the text of the
manuscript, file name or document properties.
- The submission should be accompanied by a Covering Letter in the body of the mail
which must include the following details:
- Name of Author(s)
- Contact Details– Address and Mobile No.
- Name and Address of Institution
- Course currently being pursued/Academic Qualifications.
- The submission must be an original unpublished work and it should not be simultaneously considered at any other place.
- Upon submission, the manuscript shall be the property of Research Committee, F/o Law,
Jamia Millia Islamia for any subsequent publication/reprint/derivative work.
- Research Committee, F/o Law, Jamia Millia Islamia possesses the right to reject entries
which do not conform to the guidelines for submission.
- The author shall be presumed to have obtained necessary permission from cited authors in case a cited work is unpublished.
- Research Committee, F/o Law, Jamia Millia Islamia reserves the absolute rights to cancel,defer, or postpone indefinitely, the publication in the event of the accruing of any incident, natural or man-made.
- In case of any dispute, the decision of the Research Committee, F/o Law, Jamia Millia
Islamia shall be final and binding.
- The Editorial Board shall not be responsible for any material that is libelous or scandalous.
- The Editorial Board may review the accuracy of citation but the responsibility rests with the author.
- A review panel consisting of the eminent personalities and profound members of F/o Law,Jamia Millia Islamia University will be monitoring the review process of the Journal.
Note: Jamia Millia Islamia Student Law Review is completely a student-run Journal under the flagship of the Research Committee, F/o Law, Jamia Millia Islamia. The authors whose papers will be selected for publication will be sent the soft copy of the Journal along with their E-certificate for publication. There will be no charge for publication, however, if the authors require the hard copies of the Journal or the certificate then they have to pay a nominal amount for the same.
For any queries, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
with the subject line “Query” or
message us at our Facebook page