UPSC Assistant Public Prosecutor Recruitment 2021 [80 Vacancies]: Apply by Feb 11
The Union Public Service Commission, commonly abbreviated as UPSC, is India’s premier central recruiting agency. It is responsible for appointments to and examinations for All India services and group A & group B of Central services. While the Department of Personnel and Training is the central personnel agency in India.
The agency’s charter is granted by Part XIV of the Constitution of India, titled as Services Under the Union and the States. The commission is mandated by the Constitution for appointments to the services of the Union and All India Services. It is also required to be consulted by the Government in matters relating to the appointment, transfer, promotion, and disciplinary matters. The commission reports directly to the President and can advise the Government through him. Although, such advice is not binding on the Government. Being a constitutional authority, UPSC is amongst the few institutions which function with both autonomy and freedom, along with the country’s higher judiciary and lately the Election Commission.
Who is an Assistant Public Prosecutor?
Assistant Public Prosecutor/s is the one who examines the charge sheet prepared by agencies and submit the acquittal or discharge. They also are responsible for the evaluation of evidence and filing revision petitions. They also conduct the criminal proceedings in the Court of Metropolitan Magistrate.
About the Opportunity
The UPSC is inviting applications from eligible Advocates for filling up 80 vacancies for the post of Assistant Public Prosecutor, for 2021.
- Education: Degree in Law of a recognized University or equivalent (equivalent may be treated as LLB)
- Experience: Three years experience at the bar.
- Age Limit: Must not be older than 30 years of age
- Desirable Experience: Experience as Government Advocate
To conduct cases in courts of Metropolitan Magistrates on behalf of Govt. of NCT of Delhi/Teach Law in any institution/organization and give advice to police in criminal cases/maintain record/statistical information of criminal cases pending in MM Courts.
Also Read: SDM OR DM? WHO IS MAGISTRATE FIRST CLASS IN INDIA?
- Candidates are required to pay a fee of Rs. 25/- (Rupees Twenty five) only either by remitting the money in any branch of the SBI by cash or by using the net banking facility of the SBI or by using visa/master credit/debit card.
- No fee for SC/ST/PH/Women candidates of any community.
- No fee exemption is available to Gen/OBC/EWS male candidates and they are required to pay the full prescribed fee.
How to Apply?
- Apply only Online against the official advertisement on the Online Recruitment Application (ORA) website and NOT write to the Commission for Application forms. They are also requested to go through carefully the details of posts and instructions published below as well as on the website.
- Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- Candidates must upload the documents/certificates in support of all the claims made by them in the application like Date of Birth, Experience (preferably in prescribed format), Desirable Qualification(s), etc., or any other information, separately against each claim in a pdf file.
- Candidates Are Advised To Fill Their Correct And Active e-mail addresses in the online application as all correspondence will be made by the commission through e-mail only.
- Candidates who wish to apply for more than one post should apply separately for each post and pay the fee for each post in the prescribed manner.
- After submitting the Online Recruitment Application (ORA), the candidates are required to take out a print out of the finally submitted Online Recruitment Application.
- Candidates are not required to submit to the Commission either by post or by hand the printouts of their online applications or any other document.
- The applicants are advised to submit only a single Online Recruitment Application for each post; however, if somehow, if he/she submits multiple Online Recruitment Applications for one post, then he/she must ensure that Online Recruitment Application with the higher Application Number is complete in all respects including fee.
Please Note: Click on the link given at the end of this post for application for the role of APP [Vacancy No. 21010211223]
- The date for the interview on which the shortlisted candidate is required to bring the printout of his/her online application along with other documents At UPSC shall be intimated separately.
- The category-wise minimum level of suitability in interviews, irrespective of whether the selection is made only by interview or by Recruitment Test followed by an interview, will be:
- UR/EWS-50 marks
- OBC-45 marks
- SC/ST/PH-40 marks, out of the total marks of the interview being 100.
- In cases where selection is made by Recruitment Test (RT) followed by the interview, the candidate will have to achieve the minimum level of suitability in their respective category at the Interview stage.
- Candidates will be informed of the final result in due course through the UPSC website/ Employment News and any interim inquiries about the result are, therefore, unnecessary and will not be attended to. T
- In the event of the number of applications being large, the commission will adopt shortlisting criteria to restrict the number of candidates to be called for interview to a reasonable number by any or more of the following methods:
- On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ) or any one or all of the DQs if more than one DQ is prescribed.
- On the basis of higher educational qualifications than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- On the basis of higher experience in the relevant field than the minimum prescribed in the advertisement.
- By counting experience before or after the acquisition of essential qualifications.
- By invoking experience even in cases where there is no experience mentioned either as Essential Qualification (EQ) or as Desirable Qualification (DQ).
- By holding a Recruitment Test.
- Closing date for submission of Online Recruitment Application through ORA website: February 11, 2021, by 11:59 PM
- Closing date for printing of completely submitted online application: February 12, 2021, by 11:59 PM
Click here for official advertisement