Transdisciplinary International Conference: Amity Law School, Noida
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
“Amity Law School, Noida” is one of the leading institutions in the field of law. It was established as a philanthropic initiative by our Hon’ble Founder President – Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan. Amity Law School, Noida has been conferred the South Asia Legal Excellence Award, Best emerging Law School award by SILF and MILAT, along with the “Promising Law School‟ award by Legal Desire. It is the dream of our Founder President Sir – Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan, to make Amity Law School, Noida a world-class educational institute in India and beyond.
It has set the bench mark in legal education by providing ample opportunities for education, research and capacity building. Amity Law School, Noida aims to impart high-quality professional education in a vibrant academic ambience with distinguished faculty and resource persons from the industry. Amity Law School, Noida has proved to be an epitome of legal education by striving for excellence in all its endeavors.
ABOUT THE CONFERENCE
Transdisciplinary studies are a reflection of the changing patterns of knowledge production. Ubiquity of transdisciplinary approach is indicative of an important intellectual shift and it represents cognitivity. To understand and formulate better laws at present and in future, a holistic approach in acquainting with other disciplines becomes indispensable. Transdisciplinary concepts have become necessary because differentiation and specialization of knowledge in discrete categories have become a law of being in the 21st century. It is the time we should expand our horizon beyond reductive views of the law and identify and resonate its significance in other disciplines. Legal studies must acknowledge transformation of both- ideas and genres, within their own discipline and beyond its borders. Transdisciplinary approach promotes the capacity to integrate knowledge and modes of thinking drawn from two or more disciplines to produce a cognitive advancement.
This International Transdisciplinary Conference is the 4th edition to the previous successful International Transdisciplinary Conferences organized in 2017, 2018 and 2019.
MAIN THEME OF THE CONFERENCE
Every society has certain ethos on which it survives and thrives. There are many social goals that the state alone cannot promote unless they are coordinated by societal, cultural and ethical forces. The culture of a society cannot exist in isolation and it is prominently akin with law. Culture influences law, and law influences culture. All civilizations have their own legal cultures and philosophies, born from their own legal traditions, which at times spawn different perceptions of justice, morality, armistice, and other notions of welfare state. Law is an instrument to maintain harmony, unification and order in a social welfare state. The synchronization of a cultured society which has rich heritage through legal reality can only be achieved by politically awakened legislature to the needs of its surroundings. Courts can also play an active role in bringing desired social changes. Legal processes reflect very deep social, cultural and ethical streams, and sets the trend for human dynamics and it is indeed futile to discuss law in abstract. Law must address the specific issues of the cultural and ethical diversity of any society and it cannot be satisfactorily portrayed and examined without putting its advancements in the rich circumstances of its human dynamics. The equilibrium between law and societal dynamics is must for a flourishing society like ours which is proud of its colossally rich culture and heritage.
Given the current political brouhaha and economic scenario where the world witnessed widespread disquiet, the theme of this conference is very apposite as it aims to address and provide solutions for significant intertwined social, cultural, ethical and legal issues by providing a platform for unprecedented discussions through panel discussion followed by paper presentations by eminent scholars, academicians, sociologists, culturists, lawyers, administrators and other stakeholders from various disciplines.
OBJECTIVES OF THE CONFERENCE
• To understand the philosophy and deep meaning of the theme of the conference.
• To broaden our horizon beyond reductive views of the law and identify and resonate its significance in other disciplines
• To embellish the understanding of the academicians, researchers, students and scholars in-depth understanding and philosophical transdisciplinary contribution towards the knowledge building.
• To appraise the affiliation of law, cultural heritage and ethics in the current human dynamics.
The above objectives are sought to be achieved by having panel deliberations of eminent scholars from academia and discussions followed by paper presentations.
SUB-THEMES OF THE CONFERENCE
1. Entwine of law and ethics in cultural heritage management
2. Changing dynamics in governance and political identity
3. Ethical issues in management
4. Cultural heritage and human rights
5. Gender reformation and its social, economic and cultural implications
6. Impact of cross border developments on different legal traditions/cultural/legal orders/models
7. Analyzing law from critical linguistic and cultural perspectives
8. Technological influences on culture dynamics
9. Cultural heritage in social economic and sustainable development
10. Challenges to social, cultural, political, economic dynamics and legal policy with the outbreak of the pandemic
11. Cultural and ethical reflections in the Criminal Justice System
12. Comparative law, cultural difference and constitutionalism: Issues such as terrorism, immigration and the intensification of borders, etc.
13. Development of the environmental strategies for sustainability affecting the heritage and ethnicity
14. ‘Enculturing’ laws in traditional knowledge and intellectual property rights
15. Legal pluralism and its relation to culture in establishing new legal order
16. Cultural diversity and ethnic identities
17. Modernity of tradition or cultural defense in management/ contemporary legal scenario
18. Music/art/literature/language as an instrument to embody/transmit culture
19. Narratives of national and international bodies in preservation of cultural heritage and management
20. Social and cultural transformation through human development
1. The abstract shall not exceed 300 words. It should include the title of the paper, keywords, the presenter’s name, designation, institutional affiliation, mailing address, contact number and E- mail ID.
2. The abstract should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
3. The abstract shall be sent to email@example.com with the subject line “Abstract – Transdisciplinary International Conference 2021”.
4. All submissions shall be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
5. Intimation for acceptance/improvisation will be provided within a week from the last date of the submission of abstract.
B. FULL PAPER
1. The length of full paper including tables, diagrams, illustrations, references, etc. should be 3000-8000 words. The paper should be typed in Times New Roman, font size 12 with 1.5 line spacing.
2. The footnotes must be typed in Times New Roman, font size 10 with single spacing. The margin of 1 inch on all sides must be maintained throughout the paper.
3. Bluebook 20th Edition/APA shall be strictly followed for footnoting. Do not mention references, only footnoting will be considered.
4. The full paper should be submitted in soft copy and shall be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Full Paper – International Conference” along with the certificate of originality duly filled by the presenter(s). All submissions should be sent in .doc/.docx format only.
5. Selected papers may be selected for publication in an edited book by a reputed international publisher with ISBN number.
Note: Research papers with less than 10% plagiarism and good quality will only be considered for publication in the edited book.
• Three best papers will be duly acknowledged.
S. No. PARTICULARS DATE
1. Abstract Submission Deadline 20th August 2021
2. Notification of Acceptance Within 5 days of submission of abstract
3. Full Paper Submission Deadline 31st August 2021
4. Submission of PPT by selected candidates 5th September 2021
5. Last Date of Registration 2nd September 2021
6. Date of Conference 9th & 10th September 2021
PAPER PRESENTATION GUIDELINES
For a successful and productive conference, all presenters should adhere to the following guidelines:
• Presenters are solely responsible for the creation of their presentation. The presentation should be based on the approved/accepted paper but may include updates and related additional content. A paper must be presented otherwise it will not be published. Only the listed presenters may present their paper.
• PowerPoint Presentation (PPT) is encouraged for presentation at the conference. The selected participants are required to email their final PPT by 5th September 2021.
• All presentations are to be in English. The presenter(s) should be able to understand and respond to audience questions in English.
• Presentations should be of 8-10 minutes which shall be inclusive of 3 minutes for questions.
• During the presentation, the presenter is required to keep the video and audio in switched ON mode.
• Presenter(s) are required to dress professionally and also have a decent background while giving presentation. All the kinds of disturbances must be avoided.
S. NO. PARTICIPANT CATEGORY REGISTRATION FEE
1. Industry/ Faculty Participants Rs. 500
2. Research Scholars/ Students Rs. 300
3. Attendees only Rs. 200
4. International Participants $50
• In case of co-authorship, equivalent additional fee has to be paid by the co-author. The submission of the consolidated fee is to be made via a single transaction by the main author.
• The payment link for the presenters will be shared by the organizing committee after the selection of the abstract.
• The payment link for the attendees will be intimated after the registration.
• The participants are required to register through the given link:
Ms. Swati Kaushal
Amity Law School, Noida
Dr. Rupinder Kaur
Amity Law School, Noida
Dr. Shanu Singh
Amity Law School, Noida
For more details, visit: https://internationalconferenceals.wordpress.com/ or
Connect with us on-