Prof N R Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition [India Round] @Lloyd Law College 2019
About the organisation and competition
Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, India, in association with Menon Institute of Legal Advocacy Training (MILAT) and Society of Indian Law Firms (SILF) is organizing Fifth Prof. N.R. Madhava Menon SAARCLAW Mooting Competition 2019-20, India Round which will be held from 18th to 20th October, 2019 to identify seven qualifying teams to represent India in the SAARC Round.
One of the most attractive features of this event is the Best Law Students Award. The Awardees [one female and one male] receive a fellowship of $50,000/- from Penn State School of Law to pursue LL.M from Penn State University.
The theme of the Moot Proposition for this edition’s India Round is Tools of the criminal investigation, fundamental rights and privacy concerns.
Venue: Lloyd Law College, Greater Noida, India
Date: 18th to 20th October 2019
Each team shall consist of Two Counsels and One Researcher in the India Round. Each of whom:
- Must be born on or after 1st January 1990; and
- As on 18th October 2019 is a bona-ﬁde undergraduate law student (for the year 2019-2020 till June 2020) of the Three Year Program or Five Year Program from an Institution duly recognized by the Bar Council of India; and
- Has not been admitted to the practice of law in any jurisdiction.
Each college or institution shall send only one team of such eligible participants.
Online registration for the competition will start on August 25, 2019.
The registration fee for the India Round is Rs. 5000/-. For registration and further updates kindly visit our official website here.
- Release of pre-invite to universities/institutions August 16, 2019
- Release of registration form August 25, 2019
- Release of India Round Moot Proposition/Brochure September 7, 2019,/Early release: August 25, 2019,*
- Last date to send registration form and payment Soft Copy: September 7, 2019,/ Hard Copy: September 14, 2019
- Last date to submit memorials for India Round Soft Copy: October 6, 2019,/ Hard Copy: October 14, 2019
- Release of SAARC Round Moot Proposition October 20, 2019
- Last date to register for SAARC Round December 1, 2019
- SAARC Rounds & Students Conference, 2019-20 February 21 to 23, 2020
Note: Teams registering from August 25, 2019, onwards shall be sent a soft copy of the Moot Proposition of India Round on their registered email addresses.
- Prof. Akhilesh Kumar Khan, Organising Secretary
- E-mail: email@example.com and Akhilesh@lloydlawcollege.edu.in
- Contact Number: +918882069112/8800621117