Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College is a well known institution and recognized as one of the top law colleges in Karnataka. The college imparts quality legal education in both 5 year and 3 year streams of LLB courses and also Post Graduation (LLM) along with certificate courses and various diploma and add-on courses. Established in 1974 SDM Law college has set a bench mark for quality legal education in southern India. The objective of the institution focused on imparting legal education to all sects of the society. The institution was built on strong foundation and has maintained its reputation as a fine institution for legal education over a period of time.
ABOUT LEX ULTIMA 2020
SDM Law College is pleased to organize LEX ULTIMA 2020 from 13th – 15th March 2020. It is a unique and one of a kind national level law fest which will culminate a host of competitions that will test the wit and knowledge of the best students from India’s premier Law Colleges. Here are some of the highlights which make our fest truly distinctive and remarkable.
- The law college will be hosting the law fest for over 30 top law colleges from the country.
- Over 150 students from across the country will participate in the fest.
- The fest will host 10 extraordinary and challenging competitions:
- ALL IN ALL ADVOCACY (Client Counselling, Negotiation, Trial Advocacy, Appellate Advocacy)
- PUBLIC INTEREST LITIGATION
- LAW FICTION WRITING
- LEGISLATION DRAFTING
- LAW QUIZ
- DOMESTIC INQUIRY
- BAIL PETITION
- LEGAL RESEARCH PAPER PRESENTATION
- JUDGMENT WRITING
- CRISIS MANAGEMENT
Law schools/Colleges/ Institutes/ Universities, recognized by the Bar Council of India, are eligible to participate in the competition. The participants should currently be pursuing their Bachelor’s Degree in Law i.e., Three-Year or Five-Year Law Courses.
Each team shall consist of four members. A team must compulsorily participate in all events. One person can participate in maximum of 5 events only.
TRAVEL & ACCOMMODATION
- Accommodation during the event days and transport between the hotel and the competition venue will be provided by SDM LAW COLLEGE to the participating teams.
- The name and mobile number of the student volunteers in charge of Accommodation/ Transportation shall be made available after finalization.
- Participants are required to fill up the travel form and send the scanned copy of the same on or before 2nd March, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The Registration fee is Rs. 5,000/- per team. The demand draft (D.D.) has to be drawn in favor of ‘The Principal, S.D.M Law College, Mangalore’.
- The registration fee cannot be refunded.
- Participants shall email the registration form along with the soft copy of the demand draft to email@example.com
A hard copy of the Registration form must be mailed to the following address along with the Demand Draft by 22nd February 2020.
The Principal, Shri Dharmasthala Manjunatheshwara Law College Centre for Post Graduate Studies & Research in Law, M.G. Road, Kodialbail, Mangaluru, Dakshina Kannada, Karnataka – 575003
- Registrations will be confirmed on first come first serve basis.
- Only the first 30 registering teams will be entertained for participation.
- Registration will be complete only once both, the Registration form and DD reach the host college.
- The propositions for bail petition, domestic inquiry and the topic for research paper presentation will be given once final registration is completed.
TROPHIES & CASH PRIZES
Attractive trophies & cash prizes shall be awarded to the winners for every event. There shall be overall championship as well as runners up championship for the best performing team.
- The last date for Provisional registration is 15th February 2020.
- The last date for Final Registration is 22nd February 2020.
- The late date to submit online submissions of bail petition, public interest litigation and research paper is 2nd March 2020.
- The last date to submit travel form and event participation form is 2nd March 2020
Staff Convener – Mrs. Chandralekha : +91 9481916569
Student Secretary – Mr. Ashwin Kutinha: +91 8123480448
Student Coordinator – Ms. Shwetha Pai: +91 9980635314