IIT Kharagpur LLM Entrance Exam Syllabus:
IIT Kharagpur offer Two-year LL.M course in different specializations. (Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law) gives specialisation for Intellectual Property Rights. The Rajiv Gandhi School of Intellectual Property Law, established in 2006, has the unique feature of imparting conventional legal education along with contemporary law courses that cater to the needs of the global economy, including IPRs and fields related thereto.
LLM – entrance test consists of two stages –
(i) Computer Based Test (CBT) and
(ii) Personal Interview (PI)
- CBT comprises of multiple choice based questions from Bar Council of India approved LL.B syllabus.
- Total marks -120
- Type of question paper: Objective.
- There is no negative marking.
- To get shortlisted for the second round i.e. PI, it is mandatory to obtain minimum 35% marks in CBT.
- Only shortlisted candidates who qualify CBT will be called for PI.
- For final selection, PI is compulsory.
This paper contains questions on law. The important subjects are mentioned below:
- Constitutional Law: Bare Acts, Judgments etc
- Jurisprudence: Recommended- B.N.Mani Tripathi and V.D.Mahajan and OurLegalWorld MCQ
- IPR: Main Bare Act provision, with special focus on registration, opposition, infringement, remedy and penalty.
- Administrative Law:
- Law of Contract: Bare Act
- Human Rights: Human rights declaration and UN charter
- Public International Law
- Tax Law
- Environmental Law
- Labour & Industrial Law
- Family Law
- Criminal Law
- Property Law
- Company Law
For preparing for IIT Kharagpur LLM Entrance examination, preparation along with other entrance exams can be easily managed due to the similarity of subjects.
For more details: https://gateoffice.iitkgp.ac.in/law/p14.php
Also Read: Online LLM Coaching for CLAT PG, AILET, ILI LLM 2022