About the Organisations
The National Law School of India University, the Nation’s premier law university, came into existence through a Notification under the National Law School of India University Act (Karnataka Act 22 of 1986).
Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA), established in 1997 is a benefactor of the Ministry of Environment and Forest (MoEF), Government of Karnataka, the Bar and the Bench in India and several Institutions and Universities in India and abroad.
About the Course
National Law School of India University and Centre for Environmental Law Education, Research and Advocacy (CEERA) are organising a three days course on “Energy Sector: Contractual, Financial & Regulatory Governance in India”.
Venue: NLSIU Campus, Nagarbhavi, Bengaluru, Karnataka, India
Date: 11th to 13th November 2019
The growth of the Power Sector in India is unprecedented. The dominance by the erstwhile central and state government
enterprises has seen a decline and there is an increasing upscale of private participation in the various tenets of activities, especially in the Generation Companies and Distribution Companies.
Due credit for such growth of privatisation is to the regulatory framework that has made it convenient as they are not merely diversified, but are also evolved over time. However, the practices of contracting and acquiring interests in the power sector require deliberation and discussion.
Who can attend?
- Legal Counsels, Legal Consultants or Advisors, Legal Managers, from Power Sector Companies
- Members from the State and Central Electricity Commission
- Members of the Industry, Directors, Supervisors, Senior Engineers, etc. from the Power Sector
- Students, Research Scholars, Members of the Legal Academia, Inter-disciplinary Scholars
- Non-Residential: INR 23,600/-[Rupees Twenty-Three Thousand and Six Hundred only]
- Residential (Twin-Sharing): INR 33,600/- [Rupees Thirty-Three Thousand and Six Hundred only]
- Residential (Single-Sharing): INR 39,600 [Rupees Thirty-Nine Thousand and Six Hundred only]
Student Fee [Non-Residential only]: INR 12,500/- [Rupees Twelve Thousand and Five Hundred only]. This fee is applicable only to Undergraduate Students or Masters Students and does not apply to PhD Scholars or Researchers.
Course Fees may be paid by NEFT/RTGS/IMPS/Demand Draft in favour of DIRECTOR NLSIU SCHEMES AND PROJECTS, payable at Bengaluru along with the Registration Form attached. Upon remittance of Course Fees, the participant(s) shall send the Transaction
Details along with a duly filled Registration Form to MS. Susheela on susheela[at]nls.ac.in.
The course fee covers the following: Admission to all sessions, reading the material, Tea/Coffee and lunch. Breakfast and Dinner shall be provided only to Residential Participants.
Last Date for Payment of Course Fees: November 02, 2019
- COMPLETE CONTACT ADDRESS: NATIONAL LAW SCHOOL OF INDIA UNIVERSITY, P.B.NO.7201, NAGARBHAVI, BANGALORE – 560 072
- TELEPHONE NUMBER/FAX/MAIL: 23213160, 23160532, 23160533/Fax 23160534/registrar[at]nls.ac.in
- PAN: AAAJN0185F
- BANK NAME: CORPORATION BANK
- BRANCH NAME WITH COMPLETE ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER AND EMAIL: NLSIU BRANCH, NLSIU CAMPUS,
NAGARBHAVI, BANGALORE – 560 072, Ph.: 080-23218130 & 23218115 EMAIL -cb2144[at]corpbank.co.in
- IFSC CODE/NEFT CODE/RTGS CODE/BRANCH CODE: CORP0002144
- TYPE OF BANK ACCOUNT (SB/CURRENT/CASH CREDIT): SAVINGS BANK
- COMPLETE BANK ACCOUNT NUMBER (LATEST): 520101045115075
- MICR CODE OF BANK: 560017060