Assistant Public Prosecutor (APP) Recruitment 2021 by Odisha Public Service Commission : Apply by Sep 9
The Odisha Public Service Commission (OPSC) is the state agency authorized to conduct the Civil Services Examination for entry-level appointments to the various civil services of Odisha.
About the Opportunity
OPSC is inviting applications for recruiting to 46 vacant positions of APP (Assistant Public Prosecutor) Group B, under OPSC Home Department.
Also Read: CBI PUBLIC PROSECUTOR AND APP EXAM (SYLLABUS)
Number of Vacancies
|Category||Number of Vacancies|
|SC (Scheduled Caste)||04|
|ST (Scheduled Tribe)||01|
- A candidate must possess a Bachelor’s Degree in Law from a recognized University.
- He/She should have at least 2(two) years of experience as practicing Advocate.
- Age Limit: 21-35 years of age as on January 1st, 2021
Other Essential Criteria
- The candidate must be a citizen of India;
- He/She must be able to speak, read & write Odia and must have passed either the Middle School standard language test in Odia conducted by the Board of Secondary Education, Odisha or the Matriculation (Class-X/10 standard) Examination with Odia as a subject;
- A candidate, who has more than one spouse living, will not be eligible for appointment unless the State Government has exempted his/her case from operation of this limitation for any good and sufficient reasons;
- Government servants, whether temporary or permanent, are eligible to apply provided that they possess the requisite qualification and are within the prescribed age-limit as provided under para-3 & 4 of the Advertisement. They must submit “No Objection Certificate” issued by the competent authority during document verification;
How to Apply?
- The online application form window will open on August 10, 2021 and will remain open till September 9, 2021.
- Similarly, the window for the payment of examination fee will remain open till September 17, 2021.
- Candidates must go through the detailed instructions before filling up the online application form (Check the website for Assistant Public Prosecutor Recruitment by OPSC 2021)
- Applications received through any other mode would not be accepted and summarily rejected.
- The candidate applying must make sure to provide accurate information since the edit option is limited & on the confirmation, there is no scope for further edit even if the wrongful entry has been made while filling up the application.
- On successful submission of the online registration, a unique Permanent Public Service Account Number (PPSAN) will be assigned to the applicant. Candidates are required to take a printout of the finally submitted online Registration/Re-registration and finally submitted Online Application forms and put his/ her signature under the declaration for submission to OPSC along with copies of requisite certificate and documenıs as and when asked.
- Certificate of Admission to the written examination to the eligible candidates will be uploaded in the Website of the OPSC prior to the date of written examination which will be published on the Website of the Commission and Newspapers. The candidates are required to download their Admission Certificate from the Website of the Commission and produce the same at the examination centre for admission to the written examination. No separate correspondence will be made on this score.
- Intimation letters to candidates for document verification & interview and Attestation form & Bio-data form shall be uploaded on the website of OPSC prior to the date of Document Verification/Interview.
- Unreserved: Rs.500/- (Rupees five hundred) only.
- SC and ST of Odisha and Persons with Disability (whose permanent disability is 40% and more): Exempted
Documents Required for Application
- H.S.C. or equivalent certificate in support of declaration of age issued by the concerned Board/Council;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B) certificate from a recognized University;
- Mark-sheets in support of all the aforesaid examinations i.e. H.S.C. to L.L.B. Degree including fail marks if any, issued by the Board/Council/University;
- Two recent passport size photographs (unsigned & unattested) which has been uploaded with Online Application Form.
- Two character certificates in original issued by two respectable persons, one of whom must be a Government Servant not below the rank of Group-B service.
- Certificate from Respective District Judge in support of experience as practicing Advocate at the Bar;
- Certificate of enrollment under Bar Council of India;
- Caste Certificate by birth in support of claim as S.T.&S.C. whichever applicable.
- Required Odia Pass Certificate up to M.E standard / Class 10th standard from the competent authority;
- Permanent Disability Certificate (indicating percentage of permanent disability i.e. 40% and more);
- Ex-Servicemen are required to attach a copy of the Discharge Certificate issued by the Commanding Officer of the Unit last served. They must submit an affidavit undertaking that he/ she has not been appointed against any civil post after retirement from military service, wherever applicable;
- Sports persons Certificate issued by the Director of Sports Odisha;
- No Objection Certificate from the competent authority in case of Government Servant;
- Any proof of identity.
- Written Examination: The written examination shall be of one paper carrying 130 marks of two and half hours duration with objective type questions of multiple choice (MCQ) pattern.
- Viva voce test: There shall be twenty (20) marks for viva voce test. Depending upon the marks awarded to the candidates in Written Examination, the Commission will shortlist the candidates in the ratio of 1:3 with reference to the number of vacancies.
Any complaint on the conduct of examination must be sent to the Grievance Wing of the Commission by e-Mail (email@example.com) within 05 (Five) days of completion of the examination.
Click here for the official notification.