Amalgam’21: Creative Expression Competition by IDIA and NLU Odisha: Register by Feb 28
About the Organisation
National Law University Odisha is an autonomous law university in India located at Cuttack, Odisha. It was established in 2008 under the National Law University Odisha Act, commencing its first batch from July 2009. Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education is an organization started by Professor Shamnad Basheer.
The main purpose of the organization is to sensitize the marginalised groups to law as a viable career option and to help them acquire admission to the top National Law Universities, along with scholarship support when they reach the institution and other additional support and resources to help them attain their maximum potential.
About the Event
This year Amalgam’21 goes off-beat! In this competition, they are extending the forum in by engendering diverse sets of writing events that will give complete freedom to writers to explore their ideas and put them in writing.
It is unique because here you are adjudged on the basis of comparison between writings of numerous and varied genres. Amalgam’21 gives you a chance to relay your thoughts into words and enables you to express your imaginative minds through different categories of creative expression.
Also Read: DU LLB & LLM Entrance Exam Pattern and Syllabus
Categories of Creative Writing
- Non-fiction prose (1500-2000 words)
- Fiction prose (1000-1500 words)
- Cartoon Strips
- Film and Book Review (1000-1200 words)
- Photography (50 words)
The Registration Fee per Submission is as follows
- Single Writer: Rs. 200/-
- Co-writers: Rs. 300/-
- Submission in 2 fields: Rs. 350/-
To encourage more participation, a maximum of two submissions, which can be in same or different categories, is allowed per person.
To boost up your spirits, even more, we are proud to release the Prize Distribution for the Competition:
- Best Submission: ₹6000/-, Goodies and a Live Law Subscription.
- 2nd Best Submission: ₹4000/- Goodies and a Live Law Subscription.
- 3rd Best Submission: ₹1500/- Goodies and a Live Law Subscription.
- Best Submission in each Category: ₹750/-
- Two outstanding Submissions: Goodies and a Live Law Subscription.
- Registration Link: https://forms.gle/Woiu9D7FXKPaa1f89
- Last date to register: 28 February 2021
- Last date of submission: 7 March 2021
- Google Pay: 9740289624
- UPI: anansatish@okicici
- Note: The Participants are requested to mention ‘Amalgam’21’ in the transaction details.
- Submission can be done either in .docx or .pdf format.
- There can be a maximum of 2 submissions per participant.
- Participants must strictly adhere to the word limits.
- All submissions should be sent to amalgam.idia[at]gmail.com before the deadline.
- Ananya Satish: +91-9740289624
- Eishani Patnaik: +91-9937400951
- Email ID: email@example.com