8th DD Basu Essay Writing Competition At NUJS, Kolkata: Submit by Jan 25
8th Durga Das Basu (DD Basu NUJS) Essay Writing Competition, December- January 2019 – 2020 Organised by the Constitutional Law Society under the aegis of West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences, Kolkata.
Theme: The debate between the Duty to respect the National Flag and the Anthem versus using them as symbols of protest.
Who can apply?
The competition is open for all undergraduate students of law colleges/ departments of law of all Universities, pursuing the 5-year-course or the 3-year-course.
- There is no registration fee. The minimum word limit is 4000 words, and the maximum word limit is 5000 words (inclusive of footnotes).
- All submissions will undergo strict online plagiarism check.
- Special consideration will be placed upon originality, applicability, and feasibility of the arguments/ suggestions made in the essay and the depth of research.
- All teams/ participants must send electronic copies of their essays in “.docx” (Microsoft Word) and “.pdf” formats by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11:59 PM on January 25th 2019. No extension with respect to the deadlines will be
- The “subject” of the submission email should clearly mention “Submission for DD Basu Essay Writing Competition 2019.”
- Winning First Entry: Rs 5000 and merit certificate
- Second place: Rs 3000 and a merit certificate
- Third place: Rs 2000 and a merit certificate
For any queries Email at email@example.com
To Access Brochure click here