1st Surana & Surana and Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College Moot Court 2020: Last date March 15
About the Organisations of Moot Court
Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College is a premium Institution, one of its kind in the city of Bengaluru, pledging to create a better tomorrow. Established in 2002, it is the only institution in the city imparting legal education exclusively for women, being governed with a mission of bringing a positive impact on society.
Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai is ranked among the TOP Indian law firms and the “first choice” for legal assistance in South India.
About the Moot Court Competition
To reinstate its objectives, the Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College in association with the well-acclaimed Surana & Surana International Attorneys, is conducting the 1st Surana & Surana National Human Rights Law Moot Court Competition 2020 from 24th- 26th April 2020. The aim of the competition is to inculcate knowledge in the field of Human Rights Law and mould upcoming lawyers in the country, enabling them to meet the professional challenges with confidence and fortitude.
The Competition is open to all students presently pursuing LL.B course (5 years or 3 years) from any Institution/College/University recognized by the Bar Council of India.
Only one team is allowed to participate from each institution.
Each team should consist of a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 members. This number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
There shall be 2 speakers and 1 researcher designated for each team. The researcher shall be allowed to argue with prior permission of the Court and National Administrator in case of illness of the designated speakers.
Registration and Fees
Online registrations are open from 25th January 2020. The teams must register online by 15th March 2020. Teams will have to register online HERE.
Only 24 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis.
Soft Copy of the Registration particulars, Approval letter and Demand Draft of Rs. 3,500/-(with accommodation) and Rs. 3,000/- (without accommodation) drawn in favor of BISHOP COTTON WOMEN’S CHRISTAIN LAW COLLEGE payable at Bengaluru shall be sent via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line as “1st NATIONAL HUMAN RIGHTS LAW MOOT REGISTRATION” latest by 20th March 2020.
The participants are also required to send the hard copy of the approval/registration letter and the demand draft to The Administrator, Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College, 19, III Cross, CSI Compound, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560027, so as to reach on or before 10th April 2020.
Accommodation and food
- Accommodation and food for the participating teams will be provided by Bishop Cotton Women’s Christian Law College, Bengaluru.
- The host institution shall provide to the Participating Team, ( Two Speakers and One Researcher) coming from outside Bengaluru the necessary accommodation and food for the days of the Competition (from 24th to 26th April, 2020 till 9 PM).
- The confirmation of accommodation need be made by outstation teams by 2nd April 2020, failing which the teams need to make their own arrangements.
- Winning team: Rs. 20000 and Trophy
- Runner up team: Rs. 15000 and Trophy
- Best Memorial: Rs. 8000 and Trophy
- Best Student Advocate: Rs. 8000 and Trophy
In addition to the above awards, plaques and certificates will be given to other categories of winners. All participants will be given Participation Certificates.
- Commencement of Online Registration: 25th Jan 2020
- Last date for Online Registration: 15th Mar 2020
- Last date for receiving soft copies of Reg. Form/Approval letter and Demand Draft: 20 Mar 2020
- Submission of Travel form (Soft Copy): 2 April 2020
- Last Date for Submission of Memorials (Soft Copy in word format only): 10 April 2020
- Last date for receiving the hard copies of Reg. Form and Demand Draft / Online Payment Receipt: 10 April 2020
- Last date for submitting one hard copy of Prosecution and Defence memorials: 15 April 2020
- Submission of Memorials (Five Hard Copies): 24 April 2020
Mrs. Indirani K.S, Asst. Professor: 91-9449506030
Ms. Hannah Doss, Lecturer: +91-9945870017
- Ms. Vani Priyamwada: +91-8660084464
- Ms. Sharanya Vijayan: +91-7090007505
- Ms. Malvika: +91-8095159998
- Ms.Kriti Nair: +91-7406249650