1st Dr. N.R. Madhava Menon Memorial National Moot Court Competition by Christ Academy Institute of Law [June 25-27]: Register by May 15
About Christ Academy Institute of Law
Christ Academy Institute of Law (CAIL) is a prominent law school located in Bengaluru and is affiliated to the Karnataka State Law University (KSLU). CAIL aims at moulding leaders who are intellectually, spiritually and morally upright and who will strive for the cause of justice, truth and peace.
Under the management of the Carmalites of Mary Immaculate (CMI) priests and guided by India’s core constitutional values, the curriculum at CAIL aims to deliver socially engaged legal education meeting the highest global academic and professional standards.
About the Moot Court Competition
Christ Academy Institute of Law takes pride in being closely associated with the Father of legal education in India (Late) Dr. N. R. Madhava Menon. CAIL was inaugurated by Dr. Madhava Menon on 7th June 2017. Inspired by his principles and dreams, CAIL works towards the attainment of the highest standards of legal education. The annual National Moot Court Competition conducted by CAIL is in honour of Dr. Menon’s services to the legal profession and legal education.
The theme of this year’s competition is ‘Access to Online Education in wake of the COVID-19 Pandemic’.
The Competition is open to bona-fide undergraduate students from recognized Colleges/Institutions/Universities who are currently pursuing their bachelor’s degree in Law i.e. 3-year LL.B. or 5 year Integrated or Honours LL.B. Programme with all combinations on a regular basis.
Each team shall comprise a maximum of three members and a minimum of two members consisting of either two speakers, or two speakers and one researcher. The number cannot be modified under any circumstances.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, the competition will be conducted online. Google Meet URL will be shared with the participants at the appropriate time.
The Registration process is as follows:
Teams are required to complete their provisional registration by 15th May 2021 by 23:59 IST.
The provisional registration shall be done by filling up the application available on google form: https://forms.gle/NJAwhofnFdXMnZ5G8
The final registration must be completed on or before 1 st June, 2021 by payment of Rs. 4,000/- per team along with an approval from their moot court Faculty Coordinator/Dean/Principal with the details of the participating team to be sent to cailnmcc[at]calaw.in. The email must also contain a screenshot of the payment details.
The registration shall be deemed complete only when the provisional registration form is duly filled, approval from moot court Faculty Coordinator/Dean/Principal is received and the registration fee is paid.
Note: The registration fee is non-refundable and no claim for refund of fee shall be entertained.
- Account Number: 15710100055141
- Name of Account: Christ Academy Institute of Law
- IFSC Code: FDRL0001571
- MICR Code: 560049016
- Bank: Federal Bank
- Branch: Bannergatta
OR Scan the QR Code through the brochure, given at the end of the post.
- Winner: Rs. 50,000/-
- Runner Up: Rs. 15,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rs. 5,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rs. 5,000/-
- Last date for provisional registration: 15th May 2021
- Last date for final registration by payment of registration fee: 1st June 2021
- Last date for clarification regarding Moot Problem: 6th June 2021
- Release of clarification regarding Moot Problem: 9th June 2021
- Submission of Written Memorial: 12th June 2021
- Inauguration and Draw of Lots: 25th June 2021
- Preliminary Round and Declaration of results: 26th June 2021
- Semi-Final Round; Final Round and Valedictory: 27th June 2021
- All communication regarding competition shall be made through mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Contact Number: 9097884608 (Mr. Amartya Choubey)