Maharashtra National Law University MNLU Nagpur And Kavikulaguru Kalidas Sanskrit University Ramtek are organizing a Certificate Course In SHAASTRIC METHOD [February 2022 – April 2022]
About the Course
The course aims to explore intellectual discourses on argumentation meant for the creation, processing, and synthesis of knowledge. Methods, logic, reasoning, and fallacies explored in Indic texts are studied in this Course. It is based on the logic of Nyayashastra and Indic Jurisprudence. This course is specifically designed to develop skills involved in method, structure, presentation, fallacies, ethics of argumentation
and logical reasoning.
The objectives of the course are:
• To encourage the use of Indic methods and techniques of conducting inquiries into facts for the purpose of argumentation;
• To conceptualise and classify intellectual exchanges with a specific focus on Vaadah as a variety of arguments;
• To inculcate the practice of developing a systematic thought and critical thinking to master stages of argumentation (Vaada-Vidhi);
• To develop skills of logical argumentation and presentation by Nyaayashaastra’s syllogistic approach vis a-vis Aristolian syllogism; and
• To create awareness about various fallacies and points of defeat in argumentation
This course shall be offered in an Online Mode. There shall be three papers of 100 marks each and the passing marks for each paper shall be 50.
The eligibility for admission to Certificate Course shall be any graduate with not less than 50% marks (45% in case of reserved categories) from a recognised University. Fourth and fifth-year students of five-year integrated Degree Courses shall be eligible for admission. There is no age limit. Professionals and Employees are also eligible for admission. Interested candidates have to submit the duly filled application along with prescribed enclosures and fee.
Duration, Attendance and Termination
The duration of the course shall be three months (February 2022 – April 2022) and classes will be conducted on Saturdays and Sundays. A candidate shall be required to attend at least 65% of total lectures/classes including guest lectures and practical training before appearing for the examination in each paper.
Total fee after 50% reduction due to COVID-19 (Only for this session) is Rs. 7,000/- (Seven Thousand only).
- Date of Advertisement: December 24, 2021
- Last Date to Submit Application through the link: January 24, 2022
- Commencement of Session: February 05, 2022 (Saturday)
Mode of Application
The candidates shall submit admission form online and the prescribed enclosures and fee softcopies through email.
Link for the Admission Form
- Assistant Registrar (Academics) MNLU Nagpur
- Waranga, PO: Dongargaon (Butibori),
- Nagpur 441108, Maharashtra, INDIA
- Phone: +91 0712 2812606
- Visit: www.nlunagpur.ac.in or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Also Read: Animal Welfare Board of India v. A Nagaraja & Ors: Case Analysis