2nd Edition of the Legislative Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Sciences [Prize Rs 7k]: Submit by Nov 26
About the University
Gujarat National Law University is a statutory University established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India and the University of Grants Commission. The University functions as a nodal agency to uplift legal education in the State of Gujarat.
The GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Sciences is dedicated to specialized studies in the field of Criminal Law, wherein The main objective is to encourage research and analysis in this dynamic field of law.
About Legislative Drafting Competition
The GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Sciences is organising the second edition of its Legislative Drafting Competition. The competition provides a remarkable opportunity for individuals to learn the nuances of legislative drafting and honing their skills in that respect.
The Competition will help the participants to understand the intricacies of the process of drafting from identifying the issues to striking a standard balance between the ideal and the pragmatic aspects.
“The Artificial Intelligence (Use in Prevention of Crimes and Investigation Procedure) Act.”
Who is it for?
The competition is open to all students pursuing LLM or LLB from a recognized Law College/University. The participant can register individually or in a team of not more than 2 members.
- The text must be in Times New Roman with Size 12, line spacing should be set to 1.5, no paragraph spacing with a one-inch margin on each side, and the alignment of the text should be justified.
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, Size 10, with Single Line spacing.
- Page numbers must be given at the Top Right-Hand Corner.
- The draft shall not exceed 25 pages (excluding the cover page).
- The cover page of the submission should include the Long Title of the bill along with the name of the Author(s), with the Author’s designation.
- The content of the legislation should be original and not plagiarized (15% limit), or there shall be a deduction of 1 mark each for every percent which can lead to disqualification. The decision of the organizers shall be final.
- There is no registration fee for the competition.
- Mode of the Competition: The competition will be conducted in an online medium.
- Language: The competition will be conducted in the English language.
- Any form of identification mark of the participants is restricted on the Legislative Bill submission.
- Submission of the file is to be made in both Doc. or Docx. as well as PDF formats.
- Submission made by the participants is to be titled ‘SUBMISSION FOR LEGISLATIVE DRAFTING COMPETITION (Team Code)’, through the submission form, provided below.
- Team code will be provided after registration in due time.
- 80% similarity of two or more drafts will lead to disqualification of the participants from the competition.
- No submissions from the participants will be entertained after the due date.
- After the conclusion of the competition, the Organizer holds every right on the draft submitted.
- Last Date of Registration: September 25, 2023
- Last Date of Submission: November 26, 2023
- Declaration of Results: December 25, 2023
How to Register?
Interested candidates can register through the link given below.
Prizes and Certificate
- Winner: 7,500 INR
- 1st Runner Up: 5,000 INR
- 2nd Runner Up: 3,000 INR
- A certificate of Participation will be issued to every participant along with a Certificate of Merit to top three drafts.
Submission of the file is to be made in Doc. or Docx. formats only using the link given below.
For any further queries, please contact:
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Bhanupratap Singh Rathore: +91 9664338656
- Dev Shroff: +91 9820465134